23 Jan 5 Things to Check Before You Call a Furnace Technician
If you’re having trouble with your furnace, heat pump or heating system working properly here are some simple tips to try before setting up a service appointment.
1. Check to make sure that the thermostat is switched to the HEAT position.
2. Make sure that the temperature set on the thermostat is set HIGHER than the current indoor temperature.
3. Ensure that the furnace has power:
- Try turning the fan to “ON” on the thermostat to test for furnace power.
- If there is no action, reset the breakers in the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat is showing a blank reading.
4. Is there any air coming out of your vents?
- Check all of you return air grilles and registers and make sure they are not blocked by furniture but are open and blowing air.
5. Check to see if your filter needs to be changed.
- They should be changed monthly to ensure peak performance in your comfort system. When thinking about changing your filter also add in any time that there is a high volume of foot traffic.
- Holidays and times when doors will be open more often might also require you to change the filter more, as well as pet dander.
- In addition, we also provide our exclusive Essential Filter Program. When you sign up, your filter will be automatically sent directly to your doorstep every 6 months. To order, call today 800.659.3491.
For more information on steps to take before calling a furnace technician, view our informational video.
If all of these things are in working order then it is time to call Airtron for a complete inspection of your furnace system. Don’t attempt to try to diagnose any serious issues. Not only could you hurt yourself or others, you could void the warranty on your furnace and may be responsible for major repairs.