11 Feb You Should Invest in Preventive HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, you want to count on the fact that your heating and cooling systems are going to run efficiently and effectively. Unless you take the necessary steps to ensure proper performance, though, you could be wasting money on energy bills and putting premature wear and tear on your equipment. Preventive HVAC maintenance is an must for any savvy homeowner who wants to protect their investment in their home comfort systems. Read on to discover how a preventive maintenance contract could benefit you.
Preventive Maintenance for Heating Systems
Furnace maintenance should best occur before you first fire up your heating system for the season. A professional should:
- Inspect vents for leaks or blockages.
- Check thermostat settings.
- Ensure no signs of corrosion or cracks are evident on the heat exchanger.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Verify proper ignition on the burner.
- Inspect for signs of wear on belts.
- Check all electrical components.
- Clean or change air filter.
- Verify system operation.
Preventive Maintenance for Cooling Systems
A professional should perform A/C maintenance before the summer cooling season starts. This maintenance should include:
- Verifying thermostat settings.
- Cleaning the condenser coil.
Checking controls and safety switches or controls.
- Lubricating all moving parts.
- Verifying electrical connections.
- Inspecting and adjusting belts.
- Verifying refrigerant charge.
- Cleaning and inspecting motors.
- Verifying system operation.
- Checking condensate drain.
- Cleaning or changing air filter.
The Value of a Professional Preventive Maintenance Contract
Although the idea of investing your hard-saved money in setting up a professional service contract could seem like just another expense to worry about, having such an agreement in place can truly be a lifesaver. Not only will annual system checkups increase your home comfort levels, but they also help to add life to your equipment, reduce your monthly energy bills, and aid in preserving any warranty coverage that is contingent upon regular maintenance.
Don’t wait one more moment to set up a preventive HVAC maintenance contract. Reach out to Airtron Heating and Cooling to get started today. We’re happy to serve the home comfort needs of residents of the greater Houston area.